Vegan Breakfast Bowl and A Little Talk About Minimalism


Hey you lovely people,

recently and thanks to my good friend Laura I've been reading a lot about minimalism and how decluttering, prioritizing and taking a step out of consumerism may - and will - affect your life positively. Over the last few months, I realized how happy I become when I just throw stuff I don't need away, for good. I became more aware of the fact that having less stuff will make you more organized instantly. You don't even have to worry about tidying up if there's nothing to tidy up. It just feels so good looking at a white wall, a white sheet, an organized desk, a clean surface. But if it was that easy, why is not everybody living a minimalist life? I thought about the issues I had and came up with my top two reasons why people choose to live in a cluttered space with endless piles of unused stuff.



#1: The "I will need that when I..." excuse.
That fancy golden glitter dress that you bought 3 years ago to look fab on NYE? The crazy kitchen utensil you want to show off when your parents in law come visit (but you secretly do not even know the use)? The cosmetic product you thought you needed so badly at Sephora but never used? You get me.

#2 The "sentimental memories" excuse.
I totally get it. You don't want to throw the watch your grandma gave you when it's the last thing you kept from her. And you shouldn't. But think about old childhood memories that stack up in your basement floor. The 1000 drawings of the sun you made? Cute. But quite useless. The destroyed teddy bear you loved when you were 8? The game you and your kids used to play? It is totally understandable that you want to hold onto these things when you think of them as if they would preserve your memory. But keep in mind that your memories are in you, not in your stuff. You don't necessarily need to hold onto piles of paper or unused objects just to not loose the memories that are connected with them.
The content above is inspired by my new favorite Ted Talkers TheMinimalists, thank you for motivating me to take action.

Now onto the recipe.
Today I want to show you my favorite way to start the day in smoothie form - the breakfast bowl!

Vegan Berry Breakfast Bowl

serves 1 

Ingredients

  • 1 package frozen Açai (I used Pomom Frozen Smoothie Packs)
  • 1 banana
  • 1 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder (I like NutritionPlus)
  • 1 tsp maca powder
  • 1 tsp mesquite powder
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp almond butter

Method

  1. Blend in a high-speed blender until completely smooth.
  2. Decorate with coconut shavings, granola, berries and whatever your heart desires.
  3. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment