Winter Apple Pie Oats with Homemade Cookie Butter


Hey peeps, I'm back with another breakfast recipe (surprise, I might have to start calling me a breakfast blogger). This time, I'm presenting you an amazing flavour combination that made my mouth jiggle and my belly happy this afternoon. Wait, maybe this also counts as a lunch.


I want to tell you something: If I had to choose one 'naughty' food to eat for the rest of my life it probably would be cookie butter (or speculoos butter, however you say it) made out of these incredible delicious caramel cookies that I have been loving since the first time I tried them. So I once bought a bunch of these cookies to make a vegan 'freak' shake inspired by the lovely Naturally Stephanie and had quite a few left that were sitting in my kitchen just waiting to be transformed into cookie butter. The result was amaaaazing. Like really really good. And in combination with these Apple Pie Oats... I can't even.




Winter Apple Pie Oats

serves 1

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 apple, diced
  • 1 cup + a splash of water (you could also add some almond milk if you'd like it a little creamier)
  • 1/2 tsp mesquite 
  • 1/2 tsp maca
  • 1 tsp oatmeal spice (JustSpices)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • toppings: coconut sugar, cookie butter (you can use store bought one or use the recipe below to DIY it), dried cranberries and walnuts

Method

  1. Combine oats, apples and water in a small pot and bring to a boil.
  2. Turn down the heat to low and add in the spices.
  3. Let simmer for about 7-10 minutes or until you're happy with the consistency and the apples are soft. 
  4. Serve in a cute bowl and top with coconut sugar, cookie butter, dried cranberries and walnuts.
  5. Enjoy! 

Homemade Cookie Butter

makes about 1 jar 

Ingredients

  • 1 big bag of Lotus Cookies (vegan caramel cookies) minus a few because I ate them
  • 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 heaped tbsp almond butter
  • 1 tbsp coconut nectar

Method

  1. In a food processor, pulse cookies until they become a very fine flour and start sticking together. 
  2. Melt the coconut oil. You can either do this in a microwave or - if you don't have one - take a small and a larger bowl, fill the large bowl with boiling water and scoop the coconut oil in the small one. Now place this one into the water and stir the oil until it's melted. 
  3. Add melted coconut oil, almond butter and coconut nectar into the food processor and blend until smooth. 
  4. You can store it in your fridge (it will harden) or outside of the fridge to keep it soft. I would recommend using it up quickly to make sure it won't go bad. But it won't. It won't last a week, I promise. 




No comments:

Post a Comment