Fall Morning Routine & My Favorite Superfood Açai Bowl



As the days get shorter, I also like to adapt my summer morning routine to a more calm & relaxed one; think candles, yoga and coffee.

My routine usually takes about 1-2 hours, depending on what I have for breakfast or how much time I had for my nights sleep. I know this seems like a lot (I know quite a few people who get up 30 min before leaving and rushing through everything as quick as possible) but taking this time for me in the morning has become very important. I like the feeling of having accomplished something before my "actual" day hasn't even started. It gives you the feeling of being completely in control of what you're doing. If that sounds stupid to you, try waking up 20 min earlier than you usually would this week and try it. Don't get me wrong, of course there are days when I stay in bed until the last minute and then brush my teeth while trying to do apply my mascara because I have no time, but usually, this is what I like to do instead:

My alarm goes off (I like to wake up to "More Than Ever People by Levitation") , like I mentioned earlier about 2 hours before I leave. I usually end up checking my phone right away (bad habit I know) and scroll through the messages and Instagram notifications I got during the night. Then I get up, make my bed and prep my espresso machine. While it is brewing, I take a shower and slip into some comfy clothes. I love wearing oversized t-shirts (in the summer) or sweaters (in the winter) with comfy socks.


By that time, the coffee should be ready (I like to drink mine with some plant-based milk like almond or soy and half a teaspoon of coconut sugar) and I start prepping breakfast. I'm sharing one of my all time favorites here today: the açai bowl! During the colder months I love to have oats, waffles, pancakes or crepes as well and of course, smoothies!

While I have breakfast, I take some time to think about how I want my day to play. I write all my appointments like university, work or dates with friends in my little calendar from Jo and Judy (LOVE it) and all my to do's go in a list in my Wunderlist App. I love it because your Mac app sincs to your phone and that way you're up to date wherever you cross something of your list. Apart from my to do's I also love to use it for grocery shopping.

After that, I get ready: I do my make up, blow dry my hair, try to figure out what the hell I could wear and then: head out the door, usually stressed because I always think "I have time" until 5 min before I should leave haha.

Okay, now onto the açai bowl: I freakin' love smoothie bowls and this one is my favorite by far. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and discover your love for them, too.


Açai Breakfast Bowl 

serves 1 

Ingredients

  • 2 bananas, frozen
  • 1/2 cup mixed berries, frozen
  • 1/2 cup plant based milk (I like almond and coconut) 
  • 1 tbsp açai powder
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • a little peppermint extract (optional) 
  • 1 heaped tbsp Nutrition Plus Maracuja Protein
  • top with whatever you like: more fruit, chia seeds, hemp seeds, coconut shavings, granola, etc. 

Method

  1. Combine all of the ingredients in your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. 
  2. Transfer in a pretty bowl and top with what your heart desires. 
  3. Enjoy!


Nutrition Facts:
cals: 522
carbs: 81g
fat: 12g
protein: 18g

2 comments:

  1. This is not obligatory that you select out high-quality a constrained vicinity like college or college or your location to make bigger your writing artwork. You need to go browsing to spread your competencies to loads of latest parents which can be genuinely in need of such type of potential. comprare frutta secca online

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is truly useful to convey refreshed instructive issues over web which is truly appraisable. I discovered one effective case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now. smsf advisory services pty ltd

    ReplyDelete