Vegan Protein-Packed Tiramisu


I'm incredibly happy to announce that i'll be one the bloggers to create recipes for the upcoming website of my favorite protein powder brand Nutrition Plus Germany! It's been a rough year for me, my Instagram and the Blog but getting opportunities like this one really pushes me to keep going, creating and not to give up on things I love: Creating yummy vegan food, drinking green smoothies in cute Cafés and saving the world just a tiny little bit.

However, let's talk coffee. I drink it in the morning, sipping that steaming cup of black gold while I plan my day and listen to relaxing tunes. I drink it during class to keep my head up and sharp in statistics, I drink it on coffee dates with my girls and I drink whenever I like it. You feel me? Don't get me wrong, my main source of liquid is still water ;)



So why not eat the coffee? Tiramisu does not have the best reputation in terms of being healthy, low in calories and high in protein but I decided to change that. And it turned out amazing, let me tell you! I added two lotus biscuits at the end for decoration purposes but this is totally optional and I excluded those from my calculation, but feel free to top your tiramisu with whatever you like! 






makes 3 big and 6 small portions

Protein-Packed Vegan Tiramisu

Ingredients:

For the "biscuit"-layer

  • 3/4 cup oats (blended into a flour)
  • 1 cup dates (if using medjoul dates, you might have to adjust the amount) 
  • 2 tbsp coconut nectar
  • 2 scoops Nutrition Plus Vanilla Protein
  • 6 tbsp cold strong espresso
  • 1/2 tsp rum-extract

For the cream-layer

  • 1 cup vegan curd cheese (quark), I used Alpro Go On 
  • the solid part of 1 can coconut milk (the cream)*
  • 1/3 cup Nutrition Plus Cappuccino Protein
  • 6 dates, soaked in boiling water for about 10 minutes

Additional

  • 1/2 bar dark vegan chocolate
  • 2 lotus biscuits 

Method:

  1. Combine the oat flour, dates, coconut nectar and protein in a food processor and blend until sticky but still crumbly. 
  2. Press into your desired jar/glass/container.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together the coffee and the rum extract and soak the biscuit layer with it. 
  4. To make the cream, add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth, fluffy and creamy. 
  5. Pour over the first layer and freeze them. 
  6. Melt the chocolate in a small bowl over hot water. Take out the jars, crumble the cookie on top and drizzle with chocolate. 
  7. Let sit in the fridge for about 2-3 hrs. 
  8. Enjoy! xx

Nutrition Facts: 

per portion (1/6 of the recipe): cals 349 / c 36 / f 12 / p 16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment