I'm back with another protein-packed recipe that is perfect on the go for all of you busy babes working, going to uni or school. Wrapped up in parchment paper this bar looks like you just bought it at that hip vegan café around the corner for 5 bucks - and it tastes just as good if not better.
A special thanks goes to Nutrition Plus for providing me again with the perfect protein powder for this creation.
White Chocolate Macadamia Protein Bars
makes about 12
- 1 1/2 Cups oats
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1/3 Cup coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/4 cup Nutrition Plus White Chocolate
- 2-3 tbsp plant based milk
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamias
- 1/4 bar vegan dark chocolate
- Mix all the ingredients except from the chocolate in a large bowl, this works best when using your hands. You may need to add a little more milk or protein powder, depending on how dry or wet your mixture is. It should stick together but not on your hands.
- Transfer into a lined form and press the dough down.
- Let sit in the fridge for about 3-4 hours (or 30 min in the freezer).
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate.
- Take the bars out and cut them into 12 equally sized pieces.
- Drizzle chocolate on top using a fork.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in your fridge.